Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Sunday 22 May 2011

interaction of two cultures


What I think is the conciliation of Islam with Hindustan is a unique event of history. The two are basically different from each other. But culture acts like water; it somehow manages to seep through on its own way.
One significant fact, according to me is that Muslims who arrived in India were mostly non-Arabs who already had absorbed influences of a number of civilizations and cultures.
I point out reconciliatory policies of rulers and princes such as Akbar, Jahangir and Dara Shikoh. I also trace the influence of such blending in devotional poetry such as naat and marsiya. Another religion called Wahhabiasm may also be seen as a strong reaction to such culture blending.
Please read this blog and send me suggestions if any?

No comments:

Post a Comment